In a statement released on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Jare Ajayi, in Ibadan, the group condemned the attacks and expressed sympathy for the victims and their families.

The pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation Afenifere has raised alarm over the recent attacks on three schools in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, declaring that “Yorubaland is under siege” and urging South-West governors to strengthen security measures across the region.
In a statement released on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Jare Ajayi, in Ibadan, the group condemned the attacks and expressed sympathy for the victims and their families.
Afenifere leader, Reuben Fasoranti, was said to be deeply disturbed by the incident, especially as it happened during the week he celebrated his 100th birthday.
The attacks reportedly occurred on Friday when armed men on motorcycles stormed Baptist Nursery and Primary School in Yawota, Community Grammar School in Ahoro-Esinele, and L.A.
Primary School in Oriire Local Government Area.Ajayi said Fasoranti prayed for the recovery of those injured and called for immediate action to end the growing insecurity threatening lives and communities across the country.
According to Afenifere, the latest violence has reinforced fears that armed groups are expanding their operations into the South-West and other parts of southern Nigeria.
The organisation also criticised governors in the region, saying their response so far does not reflect the seriousness of the security crisis.
Afenifere stressed that protecting lives and property remains the primary responsibility of government and urged South-West leaders to take decisive steps to prevent further attacks by kidnappers and bandits.
Join us on our WhatsApp Platform @KOIKIMEDIA NEWS YOUR PAGE
koikimedia Bringing the World 🌎 Closer to Your Doorstep
