The health ministry in Ramallah identified the victim of Saturday’s incident as 34-year-old Nour al-Din Kamal Hassan Fayyad, stating he was “killed by occupation forces’ fire in the Jenin camp

Israeli forces killed a Palestinian man in a targeted operation at the Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health, while the military also carried out raids on homes amid settler attacks.
The health ministry in Ramallah identified the victim of Saturday’s incident as 34-year-old Nour al-Din Kamal Hassan Fayyad, stating he was “killed by occupation forces’ fire in the Jenin camp.”
The Israeli military said troops opened fire after the man allegedly attempted to “infiltrate” the Jenin camp area, where soldiers are currently operating and entry is prohibited.
Since January last year, Israel has intensified major military operations in refugee camps in the northern occupied West Bank.
The UN agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) says the operations in Jenin and Tulkarem camps have displaced around 40,000 Palestinians.
Separately on Saturday, the Wafa news agency reported that Israeli soldiers arrested a young Palestinian man after assaulting him in the Shu’fat refugee camp northeast of Jerusalem, and another man from the village of Zawata west of Nablus.
It also reported that another Palestinian was assaulted by Israeli settlers in the town of Sinjil.
Israeli forces additionally conducted raids in the cities of Tubas and Qalqilya, as well as in the towns of Tammun and Zaatara east of Bethlehem, and the village of Deir Jarir east of Ramallah, according to Wafa.
Meanwhile, Israeli settlers set fire to an agricultural structure and wrote racist slogans in the town of Turmus Ayya, northeast of Ramallah.
Join us on our WhatsApp Platform @KOIKIMEDIA NEWS YOUR PAGE
Koikimedia Bringing the World 🌎 Closer to Your Doorstep
